Monday, September 5, 2011

Overcoming One of My Greatest Fear!


F-false  E-expectations  A-appearing  R-real

                Being a person with an extreme fear of heights, doing things that would speak of conquering it is not that easy for me. Ever since I was a kid I really can’t explain the feeling most especially when I am in  high places, it feels like my entire body is under a general anesthesia and its as if my stomach is full of  insects crawling or bottom line the feeling is really unexplainable. But what makes me different is that I really do have the guts to challenge myself to conquer this greatest fear of mine. And one experience that is very fulfilling is when I did try the 400 meters superman zipline at Doce Pares in Busay, Lahug, Cebu City.

overlooking view of the city
                It was a 4 day vacation and as usual most of us would really want to spend this time doing fun and relaxing stuffs. For me it wasn’t just full of adventure, fun and relaxing moments but memorable as well for God gave me this opportunity to experience such wonderful moment together with my family and that makes my vacation worthy to be treasured.
                It was around 10am in the morning when we departed from JY Square riding a rent a car service of Doce Pares heading for Busay. What amazed me when we reached the place is the overlooking beauty of the city and most especially the fresh air that we can inhale freely. And the second thing that I did notice is the 400 meters zipline that would cross mountains and it makes me feel more excited to try it. And without prolonging our agony, we readily decided to try and to make it more exciting we go for the superman zipline. At first my feeling was still ok for it was overrule by excitement but the moment we went up there in the tower I suddenly felt nervous and honestly I really want to backed out but what gave me the strength is the mentality that if I won’t try it I will surely be unhappy whereas if I will dare to try no matter what will happened and no matter what will I feel at least in the end I can say to myself that I did it!  
 the above video will explain everything about my zipline experience...

We also did try crossing the hanging bridge that is located at the cliff, although I did made it but honestly I really had a nonstop scream until I reached the other side of it.
perfect view of the hanging bridge

here we go!

we're almost there..

at last after the nonstop  scream..i did made it!

confident on my way back..

           That experienced really did help a lot because my confidence to try again another greater adventure boosted. And even though I still have this fear of mine but I’m pretty much sure that it wasn’t that big enough compared before.
           I thank God for this wonderful experienced for it was really an answered prayer. I learned to have faith for I know He knows what’s best for me..I also learned to enjoy and appreciate every single details of my life for it will just happen once.
Don’t take life too seriously, nothing has gotten out of it alive anyway….from the book of Francis J. Kong

               
               

No comments:

Post a Comment